How To Play Online Casino Guide
This guide you are about to read is aimed exclusively at gamblers that are new to online casinos and are trying to figure out how to play online casino games from scratch. We will cover all the information that will come in handy, including how to set up an account, how to find a reliable online casino, what casino games to start with, how to deposit, and how to take out your winnings. As soon as you are done reading, we strongly suggest you head over to our online gambling site reviews page to find a complete breakdown of the best online casinos that accept gamblers from Canada.
Why Should You Gamble Online?
Before we delve deeper and explain how to play at a gaming site, we should first figure out why playing casino games online can be better than gambling at your local casino. First and foremost, convenience. You can gamble online on your mobile phone, in your pajamas, or from the comfort of your living room. On top of that, you have instant access to thousands upon thousands of online video slots and table games and can even enjoy the live dealer experience. We don’t even have to mention that online casinos are notorious for rewarding gamblers with huge bonuses and free spins for their deposits, far superior to those offered and brick-and-mortar casinos.
Online gambling industry has continuously evolved, and they quickly understood the importance of responsible gambling. Any trusted casino online Canada that holds a license from a prestigious jurisdiction will implement various tools to keep their players as safe as possible. To achieve that, you will have access to the following means: deposit limits, self-exclusion, reality checks, time limits, and various restrictions you can place on your account. They could all prove helpful resources until you figure out how to beat the online casino.
Implement a Gambling Budget
Before you get a firm grasp on everything, it would be highly advisable to set up a gambling budget that you will religiously stick to. Rules to a gambling budget are straightforward: never gamble what you cannot afford to lose, and take breaks if things aren’t going your way.
Manage Your Expectations
Playing at online casinos should be about setting aside some hours for entertainment. Yes, you might score a lucky win here and there, but that should not be the primary purpose. Gambling relies solely on chance and should be treated as such.
Prioritize Reputable Online Casinos
After you have figured out how to play and know all the ins and outs of an online slot, it is time to find the best online casino that has it. The most important aspect any gambler from Canada should have at the top of their list should be to only play at online casinos that are licensed and regulated in highly reputable gambling jurisdictions. Malta Gaming Authority and the United Kingdom Gambling Commission are among the best jurisdictions, and Ruby Fortune casino can be a solid first choice.
Recommended Games for Beginners
As soon as you start playing in a casino, you will quickly notice that the number of games they offer could be overwhelming. We will explain every relevant casino game type as soon as we go over navigating the offering. Each casino divides its games into categories, and you can stumble upon these categories: “Online Slots,” “Jackpots,” “New Arrivals,” “Table Games,” “Megaways,” “Most Popular Slots,” and so on.
- Slot Machines – Online slots are by far the most popular variant of games, and any casino worth your time should have at least a thousand titles. Given their number and diversity, you are bound to find one with a theme you can enjoy, and most of them have bonus features that are not only highly lucrative but also incredibly engaging. Feel free to play as many as possible in demo mode to familiarize yourself with their win potential.
- Blackjack – This quintessential online game that has you battle it out against a dealer to get as close as possible to 21 without going over. If you are just learning how to play in casino, it would be best to revisit Blackjack later on, as it requires previous knowledge and a solid strategy to win.
- Video Poker – Online version of this popular five-card draw with tens of variants waiting to be discovered. Jacks or Better, Double Bonus, Joker’s Wild, and Deuces Wild are all video poker variants worthy of your time. In most cases, you can find them within “Table games” section.
- Baccarat – Another card game variant that has you pitted against the dealer, similar to Blackjack. You can also play Baccarat against a live dealer, but we recommend you visit some online casino guides as previous game knowledge is required.
- Roulette – Another staple game where you have to guess where a ball will end up on a 36-numbered wheel. The betting options are pretty vast, starting with inside or outside bets all the way to dozen bets, column bets, even or odds, red or black.
Gambling on Mobile Vs. Desktop – Online Casino Guide
When playing in a casino, convenience is an essential factor. Therefore, many gamblers prefer to gamble on their PC or laptop. Playing your favorite online slots on a large screen greatly adds to your gambling experience and allows you to load up multiple casinos simultaneously. However, there’s a time and place for everything, so you can always log on directly from your mobile device if you are on your work break or commuting to work. You can play any online casino if you have a mobile device operating on Android or iOS.
Searching for an online casino that performs flawlessly on mobile devices could prove a tedious task, so we have included a list of the best casino apps for iPhone that accept Canadian gamblers. It comes down to personal preference, but the gambling experience will not suffer regardless of whether you gamble from your PC or mobile phone.
How to Play Casino Online – Step-by-Step Guide
Step 1 – Choosing Online Casino
The online gambling market is huge, and thousands of online casinos cater to gamblers from Canada. If you were to visit every single one of them, you would need a few years. For that reason, a better strategy is to break them down into categories and go from there. Below you can find the most popular online casino categories:
- Mobile Casinos – Online casinos, which are fully optimized for gambling on mobile devices, including phones and tablets, allowing you to gamble at any time from anywhere.
- Licensed Casinos – Canadian gamblers are legally allowed to gamble at casinos that hold licenses from international jurisdictions. The Malta Gaming Authority, the United Kingdom Gambling Commission, Kahnawake Gaming Commission, and the Curacao eGaming Licensing Authority are highly reputable jurisdictions offering Canadians safe and legal gambling.
- Canadian Dollar Casinos – Not all online casinos accept deposits and withdrawals in Canadian dollars. Unfortunately, playing at casinos that only accept CAD payments will result in conversion rates that will have an unwanted impact on your budget.
- Game Selection – Casino game selection is essential as some online casinos tend to need more in this department. Browse our casino guides, and you’ll find online casinos that partner with dozens of reputable iGaming providers to bring you thousands of exciting titles – Royal Vegas slots are a good example.
Step 2 – Download and Install Casino Software
Any online casino worthy of your attention will provide a downloadable casino client. The software is usually dedicated to PC and Android mobile phones, while Mac and iPhone users can still access the casino through the browser. Downloading and installing the software is straightforward and should only take a few minutes.
Settle on a Casino
Check out the BestCasinoPlay gaming guide section, where possible bonuses, free spins, banking methods, and payout times are available. Once you’ve set your sights on a casino, click on the “Claim Bonus” green button.
Launch the Download
Scroll to the bottom of the online casino’s homepage, and you will find the link to the client. Click on “Download,” and a pop-up box should appear that will require you to confirm and give your permission.
Download Casino Client
To play a game at the casino you should get yourself a client. The download should have started, and you will see a countdown that informs you how long it will take. On average, it should take you under five minutes to complete, and the duration depends solely on your internet connection speed.
Install Casino Client
Once the download has been completed, another pop-up window should appear, asking you to confirm that you want to launch the casino client. Click on “Run” will launch the application.
Launch Casino Client
The casino client will open, and you will have two options: create a new account or log in to an existing one.
Step 3 – Create a New Account
The next step in our casino how to play guide is self-explanatory. Before playing, you must create an account by filling in registration form. Provide your personal information, a mobile phone number, and a valid email address, and select your username and password. You will receive an email to validate your play account, and are now ready to play.
Once your email address has been verified and your account active, you can log in using your selected username and password.
Choose Between Free or Real Money Play
Before you make a deposit. You have the option to play the games available at the casino in “Play mode.” Doing so will allow you to familiarize yourself with the game and learn about the bonus features and symbol values.
Step 4 – Making a Deposit
We dedicate the next step in our gaming guides to the deposit process. You have two options: clicking on the “play for real money” button or heading to the “Cashier” directly. Once there, casino will display all the payment methods available. Click on your desired method and insert the amount you wish to deposit. Transaction will be processed immediately, and the funds will be in your account. Make sure to select a bonus or use a bonus code if you have one.
Step 5 – Explore the Online Casino
It is now time to explore different casino sections, and we recommend starting with the promotions page. If you plan on remaining loyal to your current casino, check out their VIP program to see what rewards you can claim.
Step 6 – Pick a Game
You’ve set up your gambling account and now have funds in your gambling balance; the next step is obvious: find a casino game that best suits your preferences and budget. For a beginner, we recommend playing out the online video slots first, as table games require previous knowledge and strategy. Some excellent video slots for a first-time gambler are Book of Dead for fantastic bonus features, Mega Moolah for the insane progressive jackpot, or Starburst for its popularity.
Step 7 – Cash-out
We’ve reached the end of our how to play casino guide, and the last aspect we will discuss is withdrawals. If you have managed to score a win, you should head to the cashier and select the desired payout method and the amount you want to withdraw. Most online casinos will process your withdrawal request within 48 hours; depending on your withdrawal method, there could be extra waiting time.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are Canadian online casinos?
Any casino that can legally accept gamblers from Canada and offer deposits and withdrawals in Canadian dollars can be considered a Canadian casino.
- Is online gambling legal?
Yes. As a Canadian, you can legally play at internationally licensed online casinos. The only requirement is that you are over 18 years old, or 21 in some cases, depending on the province or territory.
- Are online casinos safe and secure?
Yes, most of them are. Unfortunately, there are some bad actors within the industry. However, all the casinos recommended on BestCasinoPlay have been manually tested by our team of experts to ensure that they offer the highest standards of fairness and security. Learn how to choose and how to play at a casino with our guides.
- At which casinos can I play online for real cash?
All online casinos with a gambling license will allow you to gamble for real money.
- At which online casino do I have the highest chance of winning?
Some online casinos can tweak the RTP on specific video slots where the iGaming providers allow. However, when it comes to increasing your chances of winning, you should instead pay attention to the online slots you choose to play.
- How do I choose a legit casino?
To ensure that you are gambling at an honest and trustworthy casino, you should look into the company beforehand, and learn how to play casino games. Other players’ reviews can give you a solid idea of the casino’s reputation. For starters, you could play Ruby Fortune and Royal Vegas, as they’ve already been vetted by our iGaming experts.
- How do beginners play casino?
Most beginners will start their gambling journey with online slots. As soon as they gain more knowledge, study how to play casino game, and learn various gambling strategies, they can start playing table games.
- What games are best for novices?
The best strategy would be to start with slots you have played at brick-and-mortar casinos. While there might be some differences, gameplay should be virtually identical. If you played table games on casino floor, you could always head over to the live casino section, as there won’t be any differences.
- How much can I win?
There’s virtually no limit on how much you can win. However, most online casinos will implement weekly and monthly withdrawal limits. Read our casino guide to learn the tricks. If you score a huge win, you might have to wait a few months before you can take out all the cash.
- What if I am betting too much?
That could be the case. The best solution to such an issue is to implement loss limits or set up a budget. Taking breaks whenever you have a dry spell is another excellent strategy. As a rule of thumb, if you aren’t enjoying yourself and losing the money you cannot afford to lose, you should consider using the “self-exclusion” feature.